Thursday, April 25, 2019

April in Portland, a Story in Pictures


Pansies are one of my favorite flowers!


Two months have passed since Zach and I arrived in Portland. The maples have leafed out, the weather is growing warm and humid, and that same hummingbird is currently perched on the fir tree outside my window. 

April has been a month of quiet beauty, of bird-watching and hiking and cooking, so I thought I'd tell some of the story in pictures, as follows:


We had our first garden harvest of the year! The rocket arugula lived up to its name by shooting up with enthusiasm, and was delicious sprinkled over the top of pork adovada tacos. 


These woods are bursting with oyster mushrooms! We've also been foraging lots of stinging nettle for eating on pasta, in smoothies, and as tea.


We've enjoyed hiking here and there: Powell Butte and Forest Park, most notably. 


My brother Eric was in town on tour with Francesca Battistelli! He got me VIP seats at the show and was able to give him a whirlwind tour of downtown Portland.


Zach is contemplating how to dam this pond in the nearby woods.


The Easter bunny brought us some amazing treats this year! The homemade peanut butter cups were the best…


We hiked to Pittock Mansion for a lovely view of the city.

Also, I started a blog series about green living and am ridiculously excited about putting together these resources. Have you checked it out yet?

~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment