It was another month where I didn't read a lot, but the books I did finish were so good. This first one is definitely gonna be one of my top five books of the year.
Climate Wayfinding: Healing Ourselves and the Planet We Call Home by Katharine K. Wilkinson
Yes, we know that the climate crisis is in full swing. Yes, we know that we should do something about it. But what can we do? This book sets out to help the reader discover the answer, digging deeper than the "bring a reusable bag" to help us process our emotions, understand our strengths, and find a path forward. It's designed for either personal or communal study, with detailed outlines for a book club setting at the end of each chapter, which I would love to host at some point when I'm not caring full-time for a toddler. Wilkinson's writing is poetic, earnest, and scientifically rigorous. If you read only one book about climate action, this would be it. ("Under the Sky We Make" + this book are my top two recs for climate-change reading!)
What It's Like to Be a Bird: From Flying to Nesting, Eating to Singing— What Birds Are Doing, and Why by David Allen Sibley
My sister-in-law gave me this lovely coffee-table book for Christmas, and I've been reading through it a little at a time ever since. Full of gorgeous life-sized illustrations, it profiles all the major groups of birds in North America, sharing facts about particular species as well as general information about everything from why birds migrate to how their feather color affects the strength of their wings. A real treat to read, whether you know nothing about birds or are an experienced birder.
(Previous What I've Been Reading posts)
~~~


No comments:
Post a Comment