Tuesday, December 17, 2019

This Week: Christmas Traditions, Sickness, and Landmark Lasagna


Mikko is always excited to visit Santa!


As all my friends know, December is always my busiest time of year: finishing up the teaching semester while entertaining thousands of people on weekends, Wednesdays, and Fridays. My delightful friend Mikko the Scandinavian Elf is appearing for her 12th season (and my 14th) of St. Charles Christmas Traditions, and she is crazy and hyper as ever! Our cast and crew this year are truly amazing, and even though the work is physically exhausting, my heart feels full after spending a day with these beautiful people. If you're in the area, please come down and visit! (Check out the link here.) 

Other random stuff we've been up to:

Getting sick. I have gotten sick not once but twice lately, possibly due to the aforementioned interacting with thousands of people every weekend. I've been sipping bone broth, chugging cold-kicker remedy (apple cider vinegar infused for a month with garlic, onion, horseradish, cayenne, sage, rosemary, and turmeric), and getting lots of rest, which has helped… but my body is definitely telling me that I need to wash my hands more and build my immunity better.


Making this lasagna. I went on a clean-out-the-freezer kick and unearthed some nettle we'd foraged and tomato sauce we'd grown in 2018, and it was begging to be made into a lasagna. So I made foraged-nettle béchamel sauce, homegrown-tomato sauce, and from-scratch noodles, and baked it together. I was so ridiculously happy about all that this lasagna signified: I have learned so much in the past couple years! This was a very tasty way to celebrate my progress.

Christmas sale for my cards! A few of my card sets are on sale at my Single Candle Card Productions shop— please click on the link to check them out!  I was happy with the way these chickadees turned out, since they are one of my favorite birds.


Also, our housemate Eddie being cute: You're welcome.




~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment