Monday, December 31, 2012

12 Photos from 2012


Here we are, the last day of 2012. The world did not in fact end, and, in that same vein, a lot of other things didn’t end as well— namely the lives of my mom and my brother Eric, who both had horrible complications with appendicitis earlier in the year (Eric also got hit by a truck. Way to keep your guardian angels on their toes, guys). As has been the case the past three years, I come to December 31st overwhelmingly grateful that everyone in my family is alive. It’s a good way to get some perspective.

More than that, though, this is an especially good New Year because of the man who loves, protects, and cherishes me: not as a boyfriend or fiancée, but now as my husband. This is a new chapter of my life, and I’m excited about the life Zachary and I are building together.  I’m sitting in my townhouse with my new last name and rings on my finger and a Christmas tree while snow falls outside, working on my online job that has allowed me to travel and now allows me to mold my schedule around my husband’s. It’s a good day.

So, without much ado, here are 12 photos of some of the neat places I’ve been in 2012. Happy New Year’s Eve, everyone!

January: Hanging out on the beach in San Diego with Mary.

February: Hiking at Multnomah Falls, Oregon, with Zachary.
March: Hiking at Redwoods National Forest, California.

Later in March: Visiting Mary at her new workplace (aka SeaWorld San Diego).


Late May: Christian and I soaking in more sun in San Diego on a trip to visit Mary.

July: Playing at Cornerstone Music Festival with Insomniac Folklore. Zachary proposed three days later.

August: Hiking alone near the fairy-tale city of Salzburg, Austria.
September: Cycling with Mary and Elly near their home in the Netherlands.

October: Reunited with my family, at a picnic at Pere Marquette State Park, Illinois.

December (out of order, I know): Mikko playing with Eric and Sarah's Christmas puppy, Willow.

November: Getting ready to walk to the altar with my lovely bridesmaids, Ivy, Sarah, Mary, and Amy.

Caught for life… and couldn't be happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment