Saturday, October 6, 2012

Wanderlust



I get horrible wanderlust every autumn. I feel the bite in the air, watch the leaves burst into color, and I feel a longing in my heart so deep that I feel like I’m going to explode. Usually, my remedy is to travel, but last year and this year, that’s an option I’ve decided to forgo. 

This year, my wanderlust has manifested itself in an intense desire to return to the Northwest. Although the hipster in me wants to pretend that I’m not missing Oregon (that is sooo mainstream), I am. There is an upside: Oregon is the state I am most likely to visit in the near future, thanks to Zach’s multitudinous relatives in the area. In the meantime, I plan my wedding, and collect fall leaves, and quiet my heart with the consolation that another trip is just around the corner.


~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment