Friday, October 5, 2012

Ten Reasons My Husband-To-Be Is Awesome


The moment I got engaged, all of you knew that sappy blogs were forthcoming. And although this entry tugged some heartstrings, this one is a more familiarly Lisa brand of sappiness. Here we go, in no particular order:

1. He came into this world via c-section, which means that if there is ever a murderous tyrant risen to power boasting that no man born of woman can kill him, Zach will be able to slay him and save the day.

My fiancé, the mad scientist.
2. He has nine siblings. This gives him automatic awesome points.

3. He’s always telling stories about how he created dangerous scientific contraptions when he was a teenager, and even more stories about all the dangerous scientific contraptions he could have built if he had had the money.

4. He knows how to pronounce Japanese.

5. He cuts me off like a good bartender whenever I’m eating too many donettes (or anything sugary that will make me dramatic later).

6. He can climb or jump over most anything.

7. When I ask him how a lightbulb, a car engine, or an atom bomb work, he can actually answer it in detailed and intelligent way. 

8. He can fix a light socket, explain the theology of predestination, rig up his car so that it doesn’t start for an April Fools’ joke, debate the ethics of consumer moralism, and bake the best sourdough bread I’ve ever had. 

9. He walks fast.

10. Look at his hair. LOOK AT IT. I need say no more.

~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment