Thursday, August 30, 2012

Europe: 10 Photos of France So Far


My experience here at Le Jean de Moine Farm has been patchwork. Much of it has been uneventful, hardly worth writing a blog about. My days have been full of sunlight and rain spattering through the forest, the warm pungent odor of goats, the burn of stinging nettles, the satisfying squelch of muddy wet shoes, the frosty beauty of stars through a steamed-up window pane, and the hearty flavor of homemade sourdough bread. Here are some photos from the past few days.

The festive streets of Luxeuil-les-Bains, complete with random picturesque castle in the distance.
Shanie and Till breaking out the six-strings.


Alejandra being "ethnic." (The quesadillas she made were amazing.)

More Luxeuil-les-Bains.

The pastry shop in town looks delightful… so I bought a chocolate-creme-braid-pastry thingy.

My hippie friends: Till, Shanie, Christine, and Alejandra.
Dramatic statue of St. Colomban, founder of the monastery in Luxeuil-les-Bains.

The "Total Recall" tagline is unreasonably funny to me in French. Something got lost in the translation....


A picnic by the lake! Notice the homemade bread and cheese.

I forget to take photos of myself… Shanie snapped this one to help me remember the beauty of France!

No comments:

Post a Comment