Thursday, June 28, 2012

Where Should I Go? (DeGrazia Gallery, Tucson)


On the northern edge of Tucson, Arizona, perched on the edge of the overwhelming desert, you’ll find one of the most beautiful art galleries I’ve ever visited. The DeGrazia Gallery in the Sun is more than just a venue to show of this Southwestern artist’s paintings: it is a garden of desert décor and cactaceous glory.* 
Why you should go: The art has a strong and haunting feel to it, conveying motion and atmosphere masterfully. Also, I was wary of the desert before I stepped into this little wonderland, but I left feeling like I understand the beauty of this environment in a deeper way.
What to bring: Admission is free, but take along some money to purchase items in the gift shop. I also highly recommend bringing a camera for taking pictures of the grounds (but not the paintings!).
What to do: Whatever you do in an art gallery. I like to admire the paintings, but that’s just me.
What else you need to know: Read my blog about it here. That pretty much sums it up.
~~~
*I was unreasonably excited to discover that “cactaceous” was a word.

No comments:

Post a Comment