Wednesday, June 27, 2012

10 Incredibly Scenic Photos


I’ve visited dozens of places where I look back at the photos and think, “Dude, did I really go there?” Photos are a tangible reminder that yes, I was there, and yes, it did look unbelievably scenic. Here are 10 of my favorites that I took with my own hand (well, a camera was involved too, but you know what I mean). Disclaimer: I spent three weeks in Utah when I took a trip out west, hence the profusion of photos from that state. I also didn’t have a very good camera when I was in Colorado, so none of the shots made the cut. Poor Colorado. I need to return to take some good photos sometime.

Angels Landing, Zion National Park, Utah. The near-death experience was worth the view.

Columbia Gorge, as seen from the Oregon side. Hands-down one of the most beautiful places I've ever been.

More Utah (Salt Lake City area). In the three weeks I was there, I never got tired of looking at these snowy wonders.

New Bern, North Carolina. I love the feel of the river and the town.

Ship Peak, Orcas Island, Washington. If you ever get a chance, go to the San Juan Islands. Trust me.

More Washington! (Puget Sound, Seattle) Check out those Northwestern clouds.

Somewhere near(ish) Rock Springs, Wyoming. The stark beauty unnerves me even now.

The Seven Sisters, San Luis Obispo, California. This range of dormant volcanoes stretches out to the Pacific.

Flaming Gorge, Utah. It's positively GORGEous. (I can now longer call myself a serious writer.)

Grand Canyon, Arizona. Because no set of scenic photos is complete without one like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment