Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Wait… I'm in California Now?


I’m sitting in a courtyard with my brother, waiting for my sister to come home from a date with her boyfriend so the four of us can hang out. Oh yes, and I’m in San Diego now. Did I mention I was going?
Faced with the prospect of a) not seeing my sister until November, and b) seeing her and being completely broke over the summer, I made my choice. Even the cheapest 2,000-mile tickets are expensive in peak season. I know it’s going to be worth every penny.
Kansas City’s airport, where I had my layover, is small, stuffy, and full of blaring TVs. San Diego’s airport smells like fresh-baked pastries and is adorned with mosaics. The whole city smells like flowers and fruit. My brother Christian and I have been wandering along one of the many waterfronts. Once he learned of my totally-broke situation, he bought me a Subway sandwich and the best chocolate dip cone I have ever eaten. I have a good feeling about the week ahead. Welcome to San Diego!

A good-looking bunch, we are, we are.

~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment