Saturday, May 26, 2012

Some Thoughts for Extroverts


Traveling solo means you’re alone with your thoughts for huge portions of the day. This time is vital.
It’s a time to center.
It’s a time to explore.
It’s a time to figure out what you hate about yourself and what you love.
It’s a time to recharge your creativity.
It’s a time to commune with God or meditate.
(It can also be a time to hike by yourself through an unfamiliar forest while belting out songs from Grease.)
In the busyness of life, it’s hard to slow down and just breathe. Extroverts like me find it hard to be introspective, so all that alone time forces me to be. Although I can go days or even weeks without a single minute alone, I have to get those in-between times for my sanity.
Today, try taking a little break. Don’t hang out where you normally do. Take a walk, get in the car and drive, pick up a book you haven’t read before. Take the time to inhabit your own space. Breathe.
~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment