Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Ramblin' Road Trip, Day Seven: I Dreamed a Dream

All my life, I had a dream. A dream of dressing up like I had never dressed up before. A dream of someday fulfilling all my historical enthusiasm with my love of the visual arts. A dream of using sentence fragments when describing such an experience.
Today, Grandma Kathy made all my dreams come true… well, at least this one.

Yes, she took us to Old Town Sacramento, where we clopped along the boardwalks beneath the balconies of historic buildings until we ended up in McGee’s Old Time Photos. Zach and I picked outfits, the cameras rolled, and I had more fun than is reasonable for such an experience. I giggled in delight all the car ride home. 
The only problem is, how will I find a new fantasy to replace this one? Ah, the perils of the road. You never know when a lifelong dream will come whisk you off your feet.
...Believe me, it's happened before.


~~~

2 comments:

  1. Why by jimmys this is one Civil War photo that ought to make you happy. : )

    But Zach doesn't look too dangerous in that photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zach looks rad in this! ha ha. (Lisa looks okay too:)

    ReplyDelete