Thursday, March 23, 2023

What I've Been Reading: March 2023


Books about amphibians, Buddhism, and organizing

Frog and Toad: The Complete Collection by Arnold Lobel 

I got this as a belated Christmas gift, and it was so fun reading these stories that I loved as a kid! Like any good kid's book, they're just as good to read as an adult— and I find myself relating to Toad's idiosyncrasies more than ever. ;) 


The Art of Living: Peace and Freedom in the Here and Now by Thich Nhat Hanh

This is an intriguing book focused on a Buddhist perspective on what it means to live well, in a way that transforms and alleviates suffering as well as brings value and meaning to us as individuals and as a culture. I appreciate Hanh's straightforward, no-nonsense writing and the way he explains the concepts in easy-to-absorb ways. The book gave me a lot to think about and I highly recommend it, especially as an introduction to some basic Buddhist philosophy.


The Complete Book of Home Organization by Toni Hammersley

Another home organizing book! I appreciated this one because it has lots of good, practical ideas, and actually (gasp!) includes a lot of ideas/modifications to their techniques for small houses! 

Previously on What I've Been Reading:

Late February

January-February 2023

All What I've Been Reading posts

~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment