Thursday, December 1, 2016

This Week (Sickness, Festivities, and More Sickness)

Santa and two of his favorite Scandinavian elves, Mikko and Mikkel!

Don’t you just love cold and flu season? For nearly two weeks I battled a horrible ear infection, then felt great for two days to celebrate the opening of St. Charles Christmas Traditions, then caught a nasty stomach bug, followed by a mild head cold. Today I’m sniffling and a bit tired, but prefer it over writhing in pain or throwing up, so we’re on the right track!

Despite the constant barrage of illness, the past couple weeks haven’t been too bad. I’ve taken a lot of rest, watched a lot of TV while snuggling with Zach (who had a bad case of bronchitis that I magically avoided), and still managed to get outside every day or so for a brisk walk in the cold. The autumn leaves have finally turned, weeks later than usual, showering the pavement in a flurry of gold. 

And, as I mentioned, I was well enough to visit the first two days of Christmas Traditions, which was a lot of fun. If you haven’t been down to St. Charles for the festivities yet, I highly recommend it! I’ll be posting my “insider’s festival guide” soon with a few more details.

In the meantime, I hope that you all had a great Thanksgiving. Remember to slow down and enjoy the holiday season— I say to myself as much as to anyone else. Glædelig Jul!


~Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment