Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving!

“You cause the grass to grow for the livestock
and plants for man to cultivate,
that he may bring forth food from the earth
and wine to gladden the heart of man,
oil to make his face shine
and bread to strengthen man’s heart.”
~Psalm 104:14-15

Today I am thankful for...

a roof over my head to keep out the cold rain.

butter pecan cheesecake.

my family, including the friends who have become family.

growing awareness of my purpose in life.

my lovely neighborhood.

flocks of starlings scattered across the sky.

never-ending kale salads.

free books and DVDs from the library.

our jobs.

the way the river looks in all seasons and times of day.

possibilities for the future.

my record collection.

increasing maturity and awareness.

houseplants.

long showers.

places to walk.

being married to my best friend.

the feeling of contentment that arises when the dishes are done, the blog posts are written, and three piping-hot quesadillas are ready to eat. 

the million gifts of the present moment, whether I recognize them or not.

Hope you all have a beautiful Thanksgiving! May you see and know abundance in your life.

Love, Lisa


~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment