|Chocolate-covered pretzel: highly|
recommended as nonperishable snack.
1. Travel during the off-season (after Labor Day, before Memorial Day).
2. Ask hotels if they can give you a better rate.
3. Pump up your tires and get an oil change before a road trip.
4. Fly on off days (Tuesdays and Thursdays) and at off times (early morning, late night).
5. Use GasBuddy to figure out where the cheapest fuel is.
6. Camp, couchsurf, and stay with friends as much as you can.
7. Bring non-perishable food for snacks and meals.
|Inconvenient, but much cheaper.|
8. Try to find free days or coupons for attractions you want to visit.
9. Take a bus instead of a taxi.
10. Try to stay somewhere with a kitchen so you can cook your own food.
11. Don’t spend money on stuff you don’t care about.
12. Plan things in advance so you don’t have to make big last-minute purchases.
13. Seek out free attractions.
14. Make a budget for the trip and stick to it (but leave some room in the budget for spontaneity).
|So much better than a museum.|
15. Cherish time with people above “touristy” stuff.
Have a travel question? Leave a comment and I’ll answer!