Friday, November 30, 2012

Hope for Those in Transition


The past few days, I’ve felt very emotional. Wanderlust is wrapped up in this. On one hand, I feel frustrated that the six-month trip Zach and I are hoping to take in a couple of years prevents me from putting down roots. On the other hand, I feel terrified about the thought of acquiring furniture or falling in love with the townhouse. I feel torn in two. This Tolkien quote comes to mind often, and I try to take a deep breath and let things go.

Blog.

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to that, I think. I'm still struggling trying to figure out what I'm doing with myself in Roseburg - how many roots to put down here, if I even CAN put down roots here... I feel so foreign here sometimes, and I just want to get back on the road, if I can't be somewhere that makes sense for me.
    Keep an eye out for cheap or free furniture for now - you don't have to commit yet, and you'd be amazed how throwing a cloth over something makes it look so much better, transforms the random objects scattered on top into decorative curiosities.
    Are you renting or buying your place? You might find somebody who wants to keep it for you while you travel.

    ReplyDelete