Saturday, September 15, 2012

Facebook Statuses from the Past Few Days


Facebook statuses are curious things. When I travel, I mostly use them to let people know I’m still alive, and to encourage them to read my blogs. When I get home, I just feel a little ego-centric posting one every day. After, “Just speed-walked past the Louvre, Eiffel Tower, and Notre Dame,” the words, “I made hash browns today” just loses some of its impact.

Nevertheless, the past few slightly-jet-lagged days have inspired me to compose Facebook statuses in my head. So instead of posting them on Facebook, I’ll post them on my blog and then post the blog on Facebook. How’s that for a twist?

Thursday, September 13th
Today I’m grateful for the wonderful men in my life— especially Dad, Christian (my brother), and, of course, my own Zachary. Thank you all for being part of my life in a huge way.

Friday, September 14th
Zach and I were working on wedding invitations this evening. As we agonized over how to properly address the envelopes, Christian observed that we looked like a sitcom couple and that he would find us up at midnight with only two envelopes done.

Saturday, September 15th
Okay, time for the jet-lagged feeling to go away. Seriously…

~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment