Monday, April 23, 2012

Mary and Me

This picture makes me laugh
every single time I see it. 

My sister (or, as we say, “sisser”) Mary is my best friend and my favorite travel buddy. Unsurprisingly, since she now resides in California, I miss her a lot. When I was supposed to be writing a blog, I found myself perusing through pictures of our first trip together— a week in Bellingham, Washington at the end of my solo travels there. Here are some of my favorites.

We hiked ten miles into the forest. She fell headlong off
a log and did a somersault before crashing onto the dirt.
I still don't know why.
In Seattle, we ran into the President.
(Because who doesn't want a life-size
cut-out of Obama in their kitchen?)



I just love catching her unawares when she's drinking OJ...

This ketchup bottle depicts who Mary will grow up to be: Cap'n
Captain, scourge of the seven seas (and maybe a few more).

At home on the ocean.

















I miss you, little sisser.
~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment