Tuesday, November 8, 2011

NaNoWriMo, Day Seven

As I have mentioned several times already, this year's NaNo has been a challenge. Today, passing the 11,000-word mark, I feel like I hit my stride.

After several long boring conversations and pointless character encounters on a train, a few of my characters finally ended up on The Intrepid Marshmallow, the lovely hot-air balloon of Peter March (whose identity and part in the story has yet to be determined). Also, I picked up on something resembling an actual plot thread, which was encouraging. And I'm even a little ahead on my word count.

I've felt more relaxed over the past few days, and I think it's showing up in my writing. I'm moving forward with the characters and ideas that I like, and leaving the rest behind.

~Lisa Shafter

No comments:

Post a Comment