Friday, November 18, 2011

NaNoWriMo, Day Eighteen

NaNoWriMo, Day Eighteen
Over the past couple of days, as I lay half-passed-out in my bed with a disease known as the common cold, I’ve done a lot of thinking. I thought about the novel that I’ve been blazing through. Yes, every year I complain about how disjointed the first draft is, and how much work it will be to edit it. Every year, I find that it’s not quite as bad as I thought, and I edit and post it anyway.
This year, however, I’ve reached a decision. I’m not going to post this year’s novel online, nor am I going to do my traditional fundraiser for the year. 
This is mostly for two reasons: one, I’ve been feeling overwhelmed lately, and this is one of the easiest things in my schedule to let go. Two, rewriting a novel (even just to get it to be readable) is a massive undertaking that spans several months, and that time would be better used actually getting my work published.
With that in mind, if you’re disappointed that you just didn’t get the chance to donate this year, I encourage you to check out the two groups that I usually fundraise for: Samaritans Purse and Voice of the Martyrs. Both are worthy causes, and I pray that you remember them this Christmas.
~Lisa Shafter
Total word count: 30,693
Status: ahead of schedule

No comments:

Post a Comment