Saturday, April 23, 2016

This Week (Glorious Weather and Vicious Bunnies)

The most gourmet lunch I've made in months: roasted sweet potatoes, peas, chicken, and quinoa with tahini-lemon dressing

It’s another week of beautiful spring (a bit hot sometimes, but still blessedly free of humidity), so I’ve been taking advantage of that as much as possible. I’ve started eating breakfast and lunch outside, basking in the still-not-too-brutal sun and watching the birds on the feeder, the bees in the dandelions, and the cute little adolescent bunny who is laying waste to my garden. (I looked at my apple trees this morning to see the bark gnawed and mangled! They weren’t completely girdled, but I’m still worried about them. I put up some cardboard barriers around them, and working on a longer-term solution.)

I meant to plant a bunch of seeds and seedlings this week, but I still haven’t gotten around to it. Hopefully tonight! In the meantime, I’ve been putting out my pepper seedlings for a few hours each day, helping them acclimatize to the sun, the wind, and the temperature. 

Banana peppers
Cucumbers

The Dutch white clover that I sowed on the tomato bed have started to sprout, too— pretty!


I hope that you all have a lovely weekend!


~Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment