Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Where Did You Go?

(If you now have “I’m Looking Through You” stuck in your head, you’re welcome. If not, you need to listen to more Beatles.)

After posting the previous entry, I had intended to post a blog titled, “The Conclusion of the Matter.” As if a six-month span of my life was a matter that could be concluded. I stumbled through a lot of incomprehensible paragraphs before I gave up, and fell silent. Despite all my training and all my practice, words still seem too small for something that big. I’ll find them someday. I hope.

For those of you who are curious, I have several more PCT-focused posts in the works. I want to post a detailed list of the gear I carried and what I thought about it, as well as answer several miscellaneous questions that have come up. I meant to post those this week, but I’ve gotten sick twice and that’s set me back (it turns out that if you eat waffles and ice cream instead of vegetables, it doesn’t make your immune system happy). 

Also thrown into the mix was a four-day vacation with Zachary to celebrate our anniversary. It’s hard to believe we’ve been married three years— mostly because it feels like we’ve been together forever. He is still my best friend in the world. 

At any rate, there are more posts coming soon, for those of you who are interested. Stay tuned!


~~~

1 comment: