Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Simple Desultory Philippic (except not really)

Zach and I drove from Sacramento to San Diego in a single day (March 14th, for those who are curious), winding our way through barren mid-California hills. I spent most of my time editing, and then listening to Beatles albums while we discussed how we’d avoid LA rush-hour. Our solution to the latter problem was a two-hour stop at Wendy’s just outside the city limits, where we successfully waited out the traffic that clogs the 16 to 18-lane highways. 
I picked up a student-written newspaper that Wendy’s had sponsored, and found a cartoon of a dog named Ed with a white space all around him. I had a pen with me, and my mind was addled from squinting at my computer screen in the sunlight. The rest is history.

I left the picture for the help to see, perhaps to convince them that not all the crazies are in California… you find them in Missouri, too.
~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment