Monday, February 17, 2014

We'll Call This Entry "Poetry" So I Don't Feel So Self-Centered


How have I not blogged in over a week? This is ridiculous.

Nine weeks and four days to the Pacific Crest Trail.

That came up fast.

I’m almost done dehydrating the hummus. I hope I didn’t add too much lemon.

We’d better keep the beef separate from the potatoes and pasta in case it goes bad.

Sheesh, we haven’t bought the beef yet, have we?

My ankles were sore from that eight-mile walk on Saturday. Yeah, eight miles. And my ankles were sore. 

I need to get back in shape! And start planking again, too. 

Ugh. Planking. Core strength. Who needs core strength, anyway? Other than, y’know, backpackers. 

We need to figure out our pillow system.

And I should fill out and print my application for entry in Canada. I wonder how long that will take?

And I need to get new passport photos so I can get a card.

Wow, I need to be writing this stuff down. Where did I file that PCT list?

I’m going to miss everyone so much. 

I bet it’ll be like a time warp, though. I’ll bet I’ll feel like I’ve dropped into a different dimension.

Why has it been so hard to blog lately? I mean, yeah, I’ve been full of words, but every time I’ve sat down to write a blog, I just get four pages of stream-of-consciousness garble that nobody but me would want to read.

I need to buy my hiking shoes. I wonder how few pairs I can get away with?

I really hope this works out.

I can’t wait for spring.

~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment