Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Travel Tip Tuesdays: Priorities


There are several different priorities you can have while you’re traveling:
On this trip I worked eight hours a day, slept in a trailer,
and used a compost toilet. I also met some amazing
friends and learned a ton, both about organic
gardening and about myself.

Affordability
Safety
Speed
Comfort 
Experience
Tourism
Cultural immersion
Mindlessness
Thoughtfulness
Activities
Rest

When I travel, I put affordability, safety, experience and cultural immersion at the top of my priority list. That means that many things, such as tourism and comfort, get thrown on the back burner. Like anything in life, you have to give something up to gain the thing you want. What are your priorities when you travel? How would a shift in priorities change the way you think about travel?

~~~
Have a travel question? Leave a comment and I’ll answer next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment