Thursday, October 25, 2012

Where to Go: Seattle-Bainbridge Ferry, Washington


I happened upon one of the most amazing views I’ve ever seen when all I wanted was the equivalent of a bus ride. I had to get from Seattle to Port Townsend, and the first leg of the trip was the ferry. I had ridden on Washington’s ferries before, from Anacortes to the San Juan Islands and back, so I was excited. However, I wasn’t quite prepared for the breathtaking beauty of a trip across Puget Sound. I traveled twice, once on a cloudy morning and once on a clear afternoon. Both were incredible, but I’ll let the pictures speak for themselves.

The cost for a round-trip ticket to Bainbridge Island and back is currently $7.70 for a passenger. If you have some time to kill in Seattle, it’s one of the most scenic cruises around.








~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment