Monday, May 7, 2012

Just Keep Breathing


Yesterday, my brother got hit by a truck. He was on a bike at the time, though he hasn’t so much as a bruise on his left side where the truck hit his 6’6” body full-on. We visited him in the ER before church and observed his gout-like right ankle, swollen because of a broken bone in his foot.
As of today, I’ve been dating Zach for six months. We ate breakfast together and took a power-walk in the spitting mist to the library and back, and I made him chicken quesadillas to take to work for lunch. 
Today I discovered that my blog views broke the 10,000 mark.
I also edited late papers and listened to the Big Fish soundtrack and cried.
You don’t need to travel to realize how weird and disjointed life can be. For some reason, though, it seems stranger when it happens at home.
It seemed somehow appropriate to include this drawing from 2010. Nothing emphasizes your point better than a big Jaffa saying "Indeed." Seriously. (Incidentally, you get all the kudos if you know who this is.)
~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment