Friday, March 2, 2012

Plans for the Road

As I write this, I’ve been in Oregon for three weeks and two days. I don’t consider myself to be traveling right now, although I occasionally break out the camera in order to feel “touristy.” Mainly, I’m here to be with Zach, meet his multitudinous relatives, and experience his life here in the City of Roses. Some of my best memories so far are not blog-worthy material: they are three-hour conversations about theology, arguments about the nature of creative media, time spent drawing and conversing with his six younger brothers and sisters. 
Looking pensive is essential.
The next few days, I’ll post a few stories and pictures to give you a feel for how my time in Portland has been. However, as of Wednesday, I’m hitting the road again. And this time, Zach is coming with me!
Yes, due to a lot of unforeseen circumstances, he and I now have the use of a ’92 Buick in really good shape, which we will use to drive to San Diego, and then back home to St. Louis. “Excited” doesn’t even begin to convey how I feel about it. To see the West Coast, California, and the Southwest with full use of a car is a dream come true. And I’m proud to announce that one of my best friends in the whole world will be leading the way.
~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment