Tuesday, December 20, 2011

What Happens When Lisa Gets a Fever

Nothing knocks me down faster than a good bout of flu. One day I’m skipping down the street all day long, singing carols and spreading Christmas cheer— the next day I’m lying in a tangle of covers alternately sweating and freezing. I’d like to think that this young body of mine is invincible, and any evidence to the contrary makes me downright angry. My mind has retreated into a haze, and even now I’m finding it hard to string sentences together. Still, I wanted to offer a blog to explain my absence. 
Some random things on my mind that I’ve thoughts about while half-delirious:
1. My trip to Europe next year, and how much I might be willing to give up to afford it.
2. Wondering if my craving for milk and cereal is all psychological or if I somehow need whole grains and calcium.
3. Some of my travel friends, namely the ones I met in Florida, and how they’re doing.
4. What kind of dress I’ll wear if I ever get married, and how I could afford one that wasn't made with sweatshop labor but also wasn't secondhand.
5. Why everyone should take public transit every once in a while (I hope to write a whole blog about that).
6. Whether or not I’ll be well by Christmas.
Scattered? Yes. Meaningful? Certainly, if I could build the thoughts that accompany these topics into a structure rather than mayhem. Here’s hoping to my quick recovery. Until then, happy 20th of December!
~Lisa Shafter

No comments:

Post a Comment