Tuesday, November 29, 2011

NaNoWriMo, Day Twenty-Nine

NaNoWriMo, Day Twenty-Nine
I set my iTunes account to my “Soundtracks!” playlist, turned up the volume on my headphones, and buckled down to pound out a couple thousand words, in hopes of leaving only a few hundred for myself tomorrow. I jumped in the middle of a scene of mayhem, and didn’t stop typing until over an hour later. The climax was a lot more emotional than I expected. Since none of you are going to get to read it, I’ll just tell you: Peter March (the charismatic owner of the hot-air balloon) sacrificed his life to save everyone else. Did I cry? Why yes, I did.
Within the hour, I had pounded out a grand total of 3,336 words and brought the story to a complete and bittersweet but satisfying ending. My grand total?
50,002!
That means I won NaNoWriMo— a full day early! My fingers are really sore now, and I feel pretty drained. Even though this project isn’t as ambitious as my novels in years past, I still feel a great sense of accomplishment.
I’m going to celebrate by watching a Christmas movie with my family. Thanks for coming on this journey with me, dear readers. Time to hang up my NaNoWriMo hat… for now. Until next year!
Cheers and love,
Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment