Saturday, October 22, 2011

Tolkien Quotes: A Conclusion

This project, starting with the day I began writing down quotes and ending with today, has lasted almost two full years. At first, it was just catharsis for a trampled heart. Then I decided to practice my analytical writing and slogged through a few blog entries. The project lay fallow for nearly a year. After dashing off to east coast and west coast and everywhere in between, I picked up the series again, and I’m glad I did. I have grown a lot as a person over the course of this project, and reflecting on Tolkien’s wisdom has been a part of that. I’m sad to leave the daily devotion behind.
In a few days, you’ll be hearing from me about my next blog series: National Novel Writing Month 2011! There will be considerably less wisdom and more mayhem, but it should tide you over until I hit the road again and stop being The Stationary Mandolin. 
Thank you to everyone who has come with me on this journey through Tolkien’s book. I wish you all a thoughtful day and lovely October.
~Lisa Shafter


1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Lisa, for taking us with you on this journey! I will come back to these posts often.
    Peace, Kerry

    ReplyDelete