Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Tolkien Quotes: They Are Strong

“A thing is about to happen which has not happened since the Elder Days: the Ents are going to wake up and find that they are strong.”
This quote struck me last time I read the book, mostly because I had just gone through an extremely traumatic time in my life. In general my childhood and early adult life had very little conflict, and this had led several of my friends to believe that I was fragile as a china doll. After the tragedy that left me in deep sorrow, I woke up and realized that I although I looked frail, I was made of willow rather than glass. My world had been snapped, but it hadn’t been shattered. I was indeed strong. It surprised me. A lot. And now every time I read this quote, I think of that piece of encouragement that touched me over two years ago.
~Lisa Shafter


No comments:

Post a Comment