Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Long Interlude


When I began this blog, I was about to set out for four months of travel, with only a three-week break to be home in between the adventures. This, and the title I chose to identify myself, makes me think of this as a “travel blog.”
The only problem is this: I’ve already decided that I’m not going to head out on any more travel adventures until January at the earliest. Why? I want to be home for my Dad as he faces surgeries, for my family as we uproot and find a new place to live, and for my seasonal job as the Scandinavian elf Mikko, Friend To All Children. 
In the meantime, what do I do with my travel blog? I’ve decided that I’ll post four kinds of entries on a regular basis (how regular has yet to be seen). 
The first is the “newsy” kind you’re used to from me. Even when I’m home, interesting things happen to me, like… today, I baked a cake, and my right leg has slightly dislodged from its socket, causing me to limp like Hopalong Cassidy. This is exciting! …Right? (If this had happened to me in Chehalis or San Fran or Salt Lake City, this would be intensely newsworthy, probably spawning a blog than would run several pages. Writing a lengthy discourse about it when I’m home just seems ridiculous.) I’ll try to pick newsworthy occurrences. 
The third is to pick up on a series of blogs centered on my thoughts regarding various quotes from Lord of the Rings. I’ll post a rerun of the entries I put on livejournal to get us caught up, and proceed from there. Expect a couple of those over the next few days.
The third form you will encounter is my “I’m too lazy to write a newsy blog” blog, which will usually consist of a brief description or observation. You may get those a lot.
The fourth structure will deal with my National Novel Writing adventure, but those won’t occur until October at the earliest. In the meantime, expect one of the above three kinds of blogs.
Thank you, as always, for reading. Here’s to an extended interlude for Lisa’s philosophical (and not so philosophical) ramblings.
~Lisa Shafter

No comments:

Post a Comment